经济援助是任何补助金, 奖学金, loan or money given in assistance to help fund one’s college or career training education. It can be given on the federal, state, local or private level.
Whether you’re a high school student about to enroll in career training at Lincoln for the first time or returning to school for career training in a new field or profession, you should apply for federal student aid.
Financing your education is possible through a variety of financial assistance programs/options:
- Allows students and their parents to borrow money to pay for school expenses such as tuition, 费用, room and board and books through loan programs supported by the federal government.
- Some might have low interest rates and offer attractive repayment terms, 福利和选择, 但这些比率可能会有所不同.
- 一般, repayment of a federal loan does not begin until after the student completes their education.
There are two types of Federal Direct Student and Stafford 贷款: subsidized and unsubsidized.
直接资助贷款 – Students with financial need may obtain direct subsidized loans. These loans DO NOT charge interest while you are in school at least half-time or during grace periods and deferment periods.
直接无补贴贷款 – Does NOT require you to demonstrate financial need and begins accumulating interest as soon as they are granted.
- 直接PLUS贷款—— Can be applied for by parents of dependent students to help cover the cost of their child's tuition expenses.
- Direct Consolidation 贷款 – Allows you to combine multiple federal student loans into one loan, to lower your total monthly payment and simplify the process.
〇私人学生贷款 A loan not handled by the government. Rather, it is a non-federal loan issued by a lender such as a bank or credit union.
- Available to students attending a four-year college, community college, or career school.
- Must be an undergraduate student who does not have a Bachelor's or a professional degree.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Given to help low-income undergraduate students finance the cost of their education.
- A FAFSA must be filled out in order to receive a FSEOG.
- Is a campus-based grant, which means it is administered by a school’s financial aid department.
- The amount of financial aid you may receive depends upon the amount of funds available at the school you’re attending (which is determined by the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid office).
(Available to Qualified Applicants)
第四章资金 is federal financial aid, 包括斯塔福德, PLUS loans and Pell and Supplemental Educational Opportunity 奖助金 intended to help cover the balance of school costs after any cash payments. 贷款, designed for students and parents, feature special interest rates and can be repaid over a maximum of 10 years. 赠款, which do not have to be repaid, vary depending on financial need (the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is for students who demonstrate exceptional need).
Private funding can be used to supplement your Title IV financial aid. For more information about the private funding available, 联系你附近的学校.
奖学金 and State 奖助金
奖学金 are awards that do not have to be paid back.
Did you know 奖学金s are often an untapped resource of financial aid? Each Lincoln campus awards different 奖学金s based on a number of factors. 一些包括:
- Merit-based: Given to students based on academic, athletic or other performance measurements.
- Need-based: Based on the student and family's financial record. Many require applicants to fill out a FAFSA to qualify if the 奖学金 is a federal award.
- Career-specific: Usually awarded by a school based on a student’s program of study.
- College-specific: Offered by the school specifically.
It’s best to contact your local Lincoln school to receive more information about 奖学金s.